Thursday, April 2, 2015

Blair Isabell Bradshaw - we've been waiting for you!

Our beautiful baby girl is finally here!! As always, there is an exciting story behind it :)

My doctors had schedule my induction for April 3 at 6am.  My last doctor appointment was scheduled for March 31 at 8:10 in the morning.  I dropped the boys off to my mom bright and early.  I'd packed bags for them and me just in case.  At my appointment, my blood pressure was spiking all over the place.  Her heart rate wasn't where Dr. Ott wanted it, either.  He had me do a quick ultrasound to check the blood flow of her umbilical cord.  Then checked me, and I was at a good 3. 

After he checked me, he told me that a few things weren't perfect, like he wanted them, so he was calling labor and delivery to get me in today.  I was so excited!! I left the office and called Ammon.  They were in Big Water and started to head back to Kanab to get his things.  I called my mom and let her know.  I should have gone straight to L&D around 9, but I stopped at a gas station to get something to drink.  While I was there, a intake nurse called me and asked me if I would be okay waiting to come in until Ammon get back into town.  I said sure and started to drive home.  Ammon called me on the way and asked if there was anyone who could come meet him and Decker and pick him up.  I wasn't doing anything, so I started driving to Kanab :)

I met up with Ammon and Decker in Colorado City around 10:40.  We drove back to St. George and called L&D.  They weren't quite ready for us, so we picked up the boys, got some lunch and went home.  I cleaned the house a little bit and tried to take a nap.  They called us at 2.  We took the boys to Mo's house and went over!  After all was said and done, I was hooked up to my pitocin around 3:30-3:45.  I started contracting like crazy.  THEY HURT!! My nurse finally called the anesthesiologist and he came pretty quick (thank heaven). My epidural was the worst part of the whole process.  He couldn't get the needle around 2 of my bones in my spine and I felt like someone was ripping them out.  It took twice as long as my other epidurals, but hot dog was it worth it!  Dr. Ott came a few minutes later and broke my water.  I still wasn't numb, and he was trying to move the baby down and around - that hurt, too ;) 

A few hours later, I was progressing at a decent speed.  During every contraction, the baby's heart rate would drop to an extremely scary level.  My nurse came in with back up and they put on an internal heart monitor on the baby and moved me around until they found a position that wasn't putting stress on the baby.  They put oxygen on me - and it was the scariest 7 minutes of my life.  Once they found a position that wasn't distressing her, we waited. They stopped my pitocin because the contractions were plummeting her heart rate. But, once she was stable through a few contractions, they started it again. We didn't have to wait super long!  I tend to move pretty quick once I'm past a 7 - and about an hour later I was at a 10 and ready to push.  My epidural had started beeping that my pack was empty about 20 minutes before I started pushing with the nurse.    It was uncomfortable and a little painful, but nothing I couldn't do again.  I pushed through on contraction with the nurse, then waited for Dr. Ott to scrub up and deliver her!  I pushed through two contractions to get her head out, then her body was out before I knew it and our beautiful Blair was here! 

To my surprise, she had a TON of black hair! All of my ultrasounds showed nothing! And I was expecting a bald baby.  She was perfectly healthy and beautiful!  Her stats were:  5 pounds 11 ounces, 19 inches!  She was born at 10:00 pm on the dot!  For being so tiny, her blood sugar was amazing!  She passed all of her tests with flying colors.  

We went up to recovery around midnight and everything was great after that!  (she did have a minor stopped breathing incident that scared the bejeezus out of me, but she was fine)  We got to come home the next day around 6 and Blair has been amazing.  She's eating like a champ and has been so much easier than either of the boys were!  We adore her so much.  I can't wait to take just a bazillion pictures of her perfect little face!













No comments: